The Structures Replacement & Repair Works FY18 Separable Portion 2 project (SP2), is a works agreement between Australian Rail Track Corporation and the Principal Contractor Bridge and Civil.
The works agreement was a direct lump sum contract carried out under a standard ARTC Works Agreement document and comprised of replacing the rail structure and repair across 56 sites throughout the Hunter Valley.
The majority of the sites required the work to be planned and completed during scheduled rail closedowns.
Two sites particularly included the installation of walkways on the Hunter River bridges at Kooragang and Singleton.
The range of work completed across the 56 sites consisted of the following:
- Fabrication and installation of galvanised steel walkways to be located within rail bridge girders
- Identify, patch, repair and paint steel bridge structures where section loss was evident
- Installation of handrails to various components of structures
- Epoxy crack injection of cracked concrete structures
- Form, reinforcement and pouring of concrete pier collars
- Reno mattress scour protection around piers and beneath structures
- Construction of retaining walls
- Cleaning of drainage culverts
- Bridge jacking, bearing and headstock replacement
- Demolition of headwalls and wingwalls and replacement with new cast insitu concrete headwalls or wingwalls
- Fabrication and installation of galvanised steel stairs
- Re Point brickwork